Board of Directors Open Application
Want to Make a Real Difference?
The Mobile Care Chicago Board of Directors is seeking passionate, diverse, and experienced board members to help guide the organization as it grows.
Mobile Care Chicago’s mission is to deliver no-cost medical and preventative care, education, and support to low-income children and families within their communities aboard mobile medical clinics.
Mobile Care Chicago fills gaps in health care access for children in low-income neighborhoods around Chicago. By sending no-cost mobile clinics to neighborhood schools, Mobile Care enables families that would otherwise struggle with cost, transportation, and time barriers to get necessary medical and dental care for their children.
Mobile Care focuses on providing quality asthma, allergy, and dental care. Unlike most other common pediatric health concerns, asthma and dental issues require specialty care that is often unavailable in the neighborhoods that need it the most.
We also provide no-cost Physicals and Immunizations, and have partnered with Howard Brown Health to provide mobile COVID-19 testing to disinvested Chicagoland communities.
What Makes Mobile Care Chicago Unique?
Mobile Care’s clinics are regularly able to reach families usually left out of the traditional healthcare system. In recent surveys, 80% of Asthma Van patients and over 90% of Mobile Dental Program patients reported that they were unable to access other providers before joining our mobile clinics.
This access to care is changing the Chicago healthcare landscape. Mobile Care’s Comprehensive Asthma Management Program has been able to cut school absenteeism and asthma emergency department use by over 50%. Similarly, in a pilot impact study of the Mobile Dental Program, the presentation of dental decay in one school district decreased from 53% to 25% after just one year of the Dental Program treating children.
We also pride ourselves on being an organization that can quickly adapt to the needs of our community. Because of the mobile nature of our clinics and staff, we were able to deliver medication straight to our patients at the beginning of the pandemic, and we are also capable of allowing partner organizations to use our mobile clinics to get other necessary health services out to the community. We are working to grow our fleet and and overall adaptability in the near future.
Mobile Care Chicago’s Board
Mobile Care’s board members work collaboratively to direct and support an organization that has been providing healthcare to children in need for over 20 years. The board is made up of current and former health care providers as well as community members and professionals who come together to make policies and provide strategic direction and oversight.
As our 20th year in service comes to an end -with lots of new progress, change, and overcoming new challenges – this is a unique opportunity to set the course of the organization for years to come.
Mobile Care Chicago is currently the medical/dental provider for 6,000 children. By 2023, we will serve over 10,000 children per year.
STRATEGIC PRIORITIES INCLUDE:
• Expanding and upgrading our mobile programs
• Building support for parents and families toward a holistic health focus
• Use advanced analytics to deliver care to neighborhoods without
Mobile Care Chicago Needs You If:
- You are passionate about children’s health care, especially asthma and dental
- You are excited about being part of a hard-working team
- You have the time and energy to spend 2-4 hours a month doing board work: attending board meetings, participating in committee work, and being an ambassador for Mobile Care in your community
- You are motivated to become a great ambassador and prepared to learn new skills to succeed in this role
We’re Especially Interested in Talking to You If:
- You have been a leader on a non-profit board before and you are ready to bring your experience and insight to another organization
- You are an experienced fundraiser, and enthusiastic about sharing your skills
- You have expertise in marketing or PR
- You come from a diverse background
- You live or work in a neighborhood visited by our mobile clinics
Mobile Care is seeking to add 2-3 new members to serve a two-year term. Please email boardsearch@MobileCareFoundation.org to receive more detailed information about Mobile Care and the Board of Directors. Interested candidates should complete an application, and will be interviewed by our Recruiting Team.