Want to Make a Real Difference?
The Mobile Care Chicago Board of Directors is seeking passionate, diverse, and experienced board members to help guide the organization as it grows.
Mobile Care Chicago’s mission is to deliver no-cost medical and preventative care, education, and support to low-income children and families within their native communities aboard mobile medical clinics.
Mobile Care Chicago fills gaps in health care access for children in low-income neighborhoods around Chicago. By sending no-cost mobile clinics to neighborhood schools, Mobile Care enables families that would otherwise struggle with cost, transportation, and time barriers to get necessary medical and dental care for their children.
Mobile Care focuses on providing asthma, allergy, and dental care. Unlike most other common pediatric health concerns, asthma and dental issues require specialty care that is often unavailable in the neighborhoods that need it the most.
Interested in learning more about this opportunity? Email us: boardsearch@MobileCareFoundation.org
What Makes Mobile Care Chicago Unique?
Mobile Care’s clinics are regularly able to reach families usually left out of the traditional healthcare system. In recent surveys, 80% of Asthma Van patients and over 90% of Mobile Dental Program patients reported that they were unable to access other providers before joining our mobile clinics.
This access to care is changing the Chicago healthcare landscape. Mobile Care’s Comprehensive Asthma Management Program has been able to cut school absenteeism and asthma emergency department use by over 50%. Similarly, in a pilot impact study of the Mobile Dental Program, the presentation of dental decay in one school district decreased from 53% to 25% after just one year of the Dental Program treating children.
Mobile Care Chicago’s Board
Mobile Care’s board members work collaboratively to direct and support an organization that has been providing healthcare to children in need for over 19 years. The board is made up of current and former health care providers as well as community members and professionals who come together to make policies and provide strategic direction and oversight.
As we prepare to enter our 20th year, this is a unique opportunity to set the course of the organization for years to come.
Mobile Care Needs YOU if . . .
- You are passionate about children’s health care, especially asthma and dental
- You are excited about being part of a hard-working team
- You have the time and energy to spend 2-4 hours a month doing board work: attending board meetings, participating in committee work, and being an ambassador for Mobile Care in your community
- You are motivated to become a great ambassador and prepared to learn new skills to succeed in this role
We’re especially interested in talking with you if:
- You have been a leader on a non-profit board before and you are ready to bring your experience and insight to another organization
- You are an experienced fundraiser, and enthusiastic about sharing your skills
- You have expertise in marketing or PR
- You come from a diverse background
- You live or work in a neighborhood visited by our mobile clinics
Mobile Care is seeking to add 2-3 new members to serve a four -year term. Please email boardsearch@MobileCareFoundation.org to receive more detailed information about Mobile Care and the Board of Directors. Interested candidates should complete an application, and will be interviewed by our Recruiting Team.