The Field Coordinator is responsible for conveying Mobile Care’s Dental and/or Asthma Van to schools in all corners of the city. This position:
• Maintains the van (including taking it for repair and regular maintenance)
• Coordinates school scheduling, surveying & patient consent forms
• Manages all service billing, including insurance documentation
• Drives to and from school sites
• Greets patients as they enter, answers the phone and faxes
• Keeps a clean, safe, and professional clinic environment
• Maintains all program records
• Completes a variety of other tasks given by the Dentist or Nurse Practitioner
This position works from 6:30AM to 4:30PM four days per week, with occasional overtime, and, once full-time, is entitled to a full benefits package including health and dental insurance, life insurance, a retirement plan, federal holidays off, and two weeks paid time off. Compensation is hourly, and commensurate with experience. Field Coordinators have an initial probationary period where the position is part-time with a pay of $19 per hour.
Mobile Care Chicago is a non-profit organization which brings mobile medical clinics into low-income neighborhoods, providing a variety of health services to children through partnerships with local schools. The organization currently operates two Asthma Vans and two Dental Vans.
At least 3 years prior experience driving a large vehicle
Must have or be able to obtain CDL within 30 days of hire
Excellent computer competency
Ability to maintain and provide light repairs to the Dental and/or Medical Vans
Good sense of humor, and high sense of responsibility
Fluency in Spanish a plus
Dental Assistant Program Certificate or Medical Assistant Degree a plus
Most importantly, a passion for helping others
Send resume and cover letter to Matt Siemer, Director of Operations, at email@example.com.